Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's that time again, is it?

I've reached and surpassed a school year's end, to find myself a graduate from the Fashion Institute of Technology. Hooray!! I will now post my some of my favorite pieces and sketches. I've always been fond of sketching, and my dream job is to just fill a moleskin sketchbook a day. I would love that more than anything.

Mentor Project
This was a fun project. I had to choose an illustrator as a mentor, and I chose the talented Allan Norico. This semester we helped flesh out this non-existent cartoon featuring space cowboys, desert planets, and other cool nonsense. This particular project I had to design a scene with a bartender, some bottles, and other props.


I truly had the most fun designing everything for it. The characters, the bottles, even other types of props that I did not end up using. I like the final product, but I still feel it's missing something, I just don't know what. Maybe some little extra details to set it into that particular type of universe. I was going for a "wild west" feel, with some sense of hodge-podge technology. I think that comes out better in another project I did for my mentor, which was designing guns for the characters in this universe, but that will be for another post. Enjoy the concept sketches for this illustration below.








1 comment:

s.b. kosinski said...

Dan you finally updated! I like the buzzards a lot. I'm not sure I would ever drink anything out of an octopus.